- If the application is accepted, all necessary documentation provided, fees paid and the vehicle has been inspected by an HVA representative, a FIVA Identity Card will be issued by the HVA.
- The Identity Card is valid 10 years or until the ownership of the vehicle has changed, whichever comes first. FIVA Identity Cards are not transferable. If there is a change of ownership, the new owner will need to apply for a new card.
- The Identity Card remains the property of FIVA and must be returned to the HVA or FIVA upon request.
- The HVA is authorized to issue FIVA Identity Cards only to owners of vehicles that are registered in the name of the applicant in the US or Canada. If available, please provide a copy of the registration document with your FIVA application.
- The vehicle owner is responsible for completion of the FIVA Identity Card Application and acknowledges sole responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided.
- The online or paper application must be signed by the owner of the vehicle to be considered valid.
- It is a requirement that vehicles be inspected by an independent specialist assigned by the HVA.
- Please allow 10 days from the date of your vehicle’s inspection for the issuance of the Identity Card. If you need your Identity Card more quickly please contact the HVA directly to coordinate.
- The fee for the issuance of an Identity Card is $275. This total includes a Registered Membership into the HVA. Payment shall be made by check payable to the Historic Vehicle Association.
- The HVA reserves the right to charge an extra fee if the application or documentation is insufficient and requires additional specialized research to complete.
- The Identity Card is intended solely for identification purposes, the card does not guarantee the vehicle’s authenticity and is not to be used for commercial purposes or proof of the vehicle’s history. FIVA and HVA are not responsible in the event the owner of the vehicle or any third party relies on the information contained in the Identity Card.
- The required fields in the on-line form must be completed – if necessary enter ‘none’ or ‘not applicable’ in required fields. Please submit your application on-line, no hardcopies will be accepted.
- The on-line application must be signed by the owner of the vehicle to be considered valid.
- If available, please upload a copy of your vehicle registration document with your on-line FIVA application.
- The fee for the issuance of an Identity Card is $275 and includes a Membership into the HVA. You will be invoiced after the process has been completed and the invoiced amount will include the Identify Card and any additional fees for Scrutineer travel, if applicable. Payment can be made via checked and mailed to the HVA address listed on the invoice. Please make checks payable to the Historic Vehicle Association.