U.S. Representatives Tim Walberg (R-MI) and Alan Lowenthal (D-CA) introduced bipartisan legislation to commemorate the legacy of American automobiles and highlight their role in our nation’s history. H.R. 4066, the National Historic Vehicle Register Act, will establish a standalone register at the Department of Interior that documents historically significant automobiles, trucks, and motorcycles. U.S. Senators Gary Peters (D-MI) and Rob Portman (R-OH) introduced companion legislation in the Senate.
On Thursday, July 31st, a bi-partisan Bill was introduced on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives that seeks to further elevate the status and federal recognition of the National Historic Vehicle Register. Read on to find out more about this historic achievement.
There was one silver lining to all the legislative headlines that dominated the news in 2013: Between partisan battles over everything from healthcare to the budget shutdown, lawmakers from the state level on up seemed a little too distracted to push for many new regulations impacting historic vehicle owners. Check out this short, year-end review along with an update on the HVA’s exciting new partnership with the U.S. Department of the Interior.
Ethanol is back in the news this month after a number of state proposals that seek to ban E15. Check out the latest on the bills to watch in 2013: pending legislation in Florida, Oregon and West Virginia; Florida Senate Bill 320 (House Bill 4001); and Wisconsin's H.R. 875 (S. 344).
Find out how the HVA and members of Maryland historic vehicle community worked to send H.B. 550 back to the legislative drawing board.
- Restorer of Pebble Beach Winning 1929 Mercedes to Speak at 2020 Drive History Conference February 27, 2020
- Jenkins Bus put on display at The Petersen Automotive Museum February 25, 2020
- HVA Partners with Simeone Museum for Philadelphia Concours February 6, 2020
- Articles (507)
- Canada News (13)
- Cars at the Capital (64)
- Did You Know? (12)
- Drive History Profiles (5)
- Events & Awards (118)
- Facebook Question of the Month (4)
- History (72)
- How the Automobile Shaped America (3)
- Interviews (1)
- Latest News (8)
- Legislative Watch (18)
- Lists (18)
- Media Coverage (121)
- Museum Corner (1)
- National Historic Vehicle Register (177)
- On the Tube (11)
- Photography (26)
- Press Releases (30)
- Research Resource (8)
- Road Trip Century Celebration (9)
- Stars & Their Cars (5)
- The Concierge’s Corner (4)
- The Roundup (27)
- This Car Matters (59)
- Uncategorized (32)
- Web Talk (5)
- What's In A Name? (7)
- Whatever Happened To… (7)
- Women in the Automotive World (1)