Five cars are being celebrated this month at the Historic Vehicle Association’s Cars at the Capital exhibition in Washington, D.C. All are on the National Historic Vehicle Register and are recognized as historically significant by the Library of Congress. Anthony Mason reports.
When the original Highland Green 1968 Ford Mustang GT from the classic Steve McQueen film Bullitt resurfaced this year after decades of obscurity, the car immediately became a hot property.
Ford shocked the collector-car world at the 2018 North American International Auto Show, unveiling the 1968 Ford Mustang GT featured in film “Bullitt.” In case you weren’t in Detroit to see the ultracool classic in person, the car is now on display on an even more prominent platform, our nation’s National Mall in Washington, D.C.
An original 1968 Ford Mustang from Bullitt is currently on display in a special glass box in the capital of the United States.
For car enthusiasts, the 1968 Ford Mustang driven by Steve McQueen in Bullitt represents everything that’s great about America. So it’s appropriate that this movie icon will be displayed on the National Mall among other American landmarks.
Do you have a heart? Does it pump blood through your veins and, eventually, to your right foot? Then this story is for you. The Historic Vehicle Association—a national organization dedicated to the preservation of the most important, unforgettable automobiles in human history—has returned to Washington D.C. for their fourth annual Cars at the Capital event.
- The Castle Duesenberg set the foundation for the most luxurious car brand in America’s history | Documentary November 11, 2020
- 1921 Duesenberg and 1970 Dodge Challenger added to National Historic Vehicle Register October 28, 2020
- TEASER: 2020 National Historic Vehicle Register Inductees October 21, 2020
- Articles (517)
- Canada News (13)
- Cars at the Capital (64)
- Did You Know? (12)
- Drive History Profiles (6)
- Events & Awards (118)
- Facebook Question of the Month (4)
- History (72)
- How the Automobile Shaped America (3)
- Interviews (1)
- Latest News (8)
- Legislative Watch (18)
- Lists (18)
- Media Coverage (121)
- Museum Corner (2)
- National Historic Vehicle Register (181)
- On the Tube (11)
- Photography (27)
- Press Releases (30)
- Research Resource (8)
- Road Trip Century Celebration (9)
- Stars & Their Cars (5)
- The Concierge’s Corner (4)
- The Roundup (27)
- This Car Matters (59)
- Uncategorized (39)
- Web Talk (5)
- What's In A Name? (7)
- Whatever Happened To… (7)
- Women in the Automotive World (1)